Create Project Guide
CREATING A PROJECT
This is your guide to creating a project on We Make Change, so you can build an online volunteer team with the skills you need to make change happen.
This guide will help you to maximise the chance of your project's success from the very start.
This is the start of our journey helping you to make the change you want to see!
This is the process of creating a project on We Make Change:
- Complete ‘Create Project’ form.
- Your Project will be reviewed by our team.
- It will be approved or suggested changes will be made.
- Once approved, we will agree a launch date with you.
- Your project will be launched on We Make Change with 4 weeks for people to apply.
- You receive applications as they come in.
Project Coordinator - once you have submitted your project application, you will be assigned a We Make Change Project Coordinator, who will be able to answer any questions you may have.
COMPLETING THE FORM
There are 3 things that you should consider when completing your Create Project form:
1. THEORY OF CHANGE
What is the problem that your project aims to address and how will it solve that?
What are the skills you need to make your project a reality?
3. SUPER COOL!
How can you make your project super cool, so that people will feel inspired to support it?
1. THEORY OF CHANGE
A theory of change explains how your project will actually make change happen.
- What is the social problem your project aims to solve?
- You should consider the root causes of the problem and not just how things might appear on the surface.
- What is your solution to the problem?
- You should consider the existing solutions that help to solve the problem.
- Then you should think about how your project is different from those solutions.
Your theory of change does not have to be long or complex, it just needs to be well thought out within the context of the plan.
How you will take the idea and make it into a project that makes change happen.
- What is the least you can do to prove the concept?
- Proving the concept is the most important thing you can do to provide you with the validation you need to grow your project.
- What are the skills that you need to make it happen? They could be:
Design, Events, Finance, Fundraising, Legal, Marketing, Photography, Project Management, Research, Strategy, Videography, Web Development, Writing
Project duration - although we host projects of almost any duration, the most effective projects are those that last for around 12 weeks. This provides ChangeMakers with enough time to contribute effectively, while ensuring they have an end goal within sight.
If you're thinking about posting a project that is much longer, it might be worth considering making it into a shorter and more achievable initial project.
3. SUPER COOL!
It’s not just what you want to do, but how you present it, that will determine the success of your project
It’s got to be catchy, while also giving people an idea of the change it will make happen.
People need to feel inspired by the idea behind a project if they are going to support it. Make your messaging simple, clear and concise.
We Make Change messaging:
We give you the power to change the world.
We enable anyone, anywhere to use their skills to support the causes they care about.
We connect people from across the world who care about the same causes to form online communities that develop projects with NGOs that make change happen.
BUILDING YOUR TEAM
Once your project has been created, we provide you with an online guide with all the tools and tips you need to build, manage and grow your online volunteering team.
Getting your team recruited, set up and ready to go.
Creating an effective project plan, ensuring your team meets deadlines and overcoming any issues you may have.
Recruiting more team members, getting support from companies and from your network.
Putting an online volunteering team together can be relatively simple, but managing them can be more of a challenge. That is why we give you the tools and tips you need to do it effectively.
If you have any questions about anything related to creating a project, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CREATE YOUR PROJECT
Now you're all set to create your project!